This staff-favorite dessert is warm, comforting and full of delicious fruit flavors. Venting the slow cooker while the crumble cooks prevents condensation from forming on the lid.
- Oil for greasing (vegetable or avocado oil)
- 5 cups sliced peaches, (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups blackberries, (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup rooibos tea, (brewed )
- 2/3 cup Sucanat sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds (toasted)
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 6 Tbs. unsalted butter (melted)
- Lightly grease a 4-quart slow cooker’s ceramic crock insert.
- In a bowl, combine peaches, blackberries, vanilla and tea.
- In a separate bowl, combine Sucanat and cinnamon; sprinkle half over fruit and stir. Pour fruit mixture into slow cooker.
- To remaining Sucanat-cinnamon, add oats, oat flour, seeds, salt and butter; mix with a fork to form crumbs. If it seems too dry, stir in a little more melted butter. Sprinkle evenly over fruit.
- Cover slow cooker, venting slightly with a wooden spoon, and cook on low for 3-1/2–4 hours.
PER SERVING (1 CUP): 501 cal, 20g fat (5g mono, 6g poly, 9g sat), 30mg chol, 390mg sodium, 67g carb (11g fiber, 28g sugars), 11g protein
SOURCE: The recipe is posted by permission Delicious Living (and its parent company New Hope Network), a trusted voice in the natural living community for 30 years. Photo by Jennifer Olson.