You won’t believe these brownie bites are completely raw, vegan, and fruit-based! This recipe blends Medjool dates from Morocco with walnuts and cocoa powder to create a rich, chocolate treat that’s perfect for a special occasion, party, or holiday. Roll these bites in nuts or other toppings if you do not care for coconut—the possibilities are endless.
Benefits: Dates contain fiber, which lowers blood cholesterol, and potassium, which helps regulate blood pressure and is an important electrolyte. Walnuts contain fiber, protein, and omega-3 fatty acids, and vitamin E, which supports healthy brain function. Cocoa is full of catechins that can help inhibit and fight cancer cells.
Yields 24 1-inch balls
2 cups Medjool dates, pits removed
2 cups raw walnut pieces
¾ cup pure cocoa powder
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1-3 Tbs. water, as needed
1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1. Place the dates, walnuts, cocoa powder, and salt in a food processor and pulse until a moist, crumb-like dough has formed.
2. Add water 1 Tbs. at a time until the mixture sticks together easily. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
3. Roll the dough between your hands to form small 1-inch balls.
4. In a shallow bowl, place the coconut flakes and roll the dough balls in them until fully coated.
5. Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Sugar-Free, but dates have plenty of fructose
-Omega 3 fats
This recipe appears in Anti-Aging Dishes From Around the World. Buy it now!